More and more people are switching to using a Candle Warmer Lamp over burning candles traditionally. Let us check out everything about what a Candle Warmer lamp is, how it works, and its pros and cons.
What is candle Warmer Lamp?
A candle warmer lamp is just like your regular desk lamp. It comes with a warming bulb that produces heat, which gently melts the candle placed underneath it. Which releases the fragrance from the wax and fills up the space with the aroma of your favourite candles. Without the use of an open flame.
Just like a regular desk Lamp, a Candle warmer Lamp too has:
- Curved neck
- Lampshade consisting of a bulb
The only difference is that it has a wider base. You simply need to place your candle on this base and let the heat from the bulb melt it. The wax is melted at an optimal temperature to release a better fragrance, as compared to an open flame.
The main component of a Candle Warmer Lamp is the warming bulb. Good quality and slightly expensive lamps have a dimmer option, with which you can control the temperature at which you want your wax to melt.
Some expensive Lamps also have the option of setting a timer. So that the candle warmer lamp shuts off when the time is up.
They are powered by electricity and usually consist of a cord that can be plugged into any standard outlet. When turned ON, the heating bulb produces heat and melts the candle wax from top to down.
This shouldn’t be used as functional lighting for your house. Any time a Candle Warmer Lamp is ON, it will start to heat anything below it, which could damage your lamp or cause an injury.
- A candle-warmer Lamp melts the wax at a comparatively slower pace. Which expands the life span of the candles up to two times. It saves you a lot of money on scented candles.
- It gives you a cleaner burning experience because no soot is produced.
- In the case of large candles, the flame sometimes does not melt the periphery of the candles. Whereas a Candle Warmer Lamp melts the wax evenly.
- When using an open flame the wax tends to melt at a high temperature, which affects the quality of the fragrance released. Whereas with a Candle Warmer Lamp, the wax is melted at an optimum temperature, to give you a better quality fragrance.
- It does not have any open flame, so you can safely use it without bothering your fire alarms.
- Safe to use around pets and kids.
- can also be used to keep your beverages warm, just place your mug underneath the bulb.
- They are expensive, you do get cheaper ones too. But the good quality ones are usually sold for 40$ and above.
- The bulb needs to be changed, which could be a hassle.
- Even though there is no open flame, when you use it around your pet or kids, you will have to ensure that they won’t touch it, while it’s ON. It could be hot and cause injuries.
- It does not give the charm of an open flame.
- If you want to use multiple candles, you will require more than one Candle Warmer Lamp.
- You will also need to have access to electrical outlets.
- It can only be used for candles that come in jars. Tapered candles and candles without containers, very small or large candles cannot be used.
- Also, only the candles that fit the base of the Candle Warmer lamps can be used, anything wider than that won’t be accommodated.
I have given you a clear picture of a Candle Warmer Lamp. I hope it clears your confusion and helps you take a better decision for yourself.
I am however a little biased towards a Candle Warmer Lamp because it is clean to use and gives off a better fragrance.
In case you have any candles that cannot be used in the Candle Warmer Lamp, you always have the option of lighting them with a flame.