What is Frankincense Incense Good For?
Have you ever wondered about the mystical allure of frankincense incense? Picture this: you’re sitting in a quiet, dimly lit room, the soothing aroma of frankincense wafting through the air, transporting you to a realm of tranquility and contemplation.
Today, let’s embark on a journey together to uncover the secrets of frankincense incense, and explore how this ancient treasure can bring a touch of magic into your everyday life. So, sit back, inhale deeply, and let’s unravel the captivating story of what frankincense incense is good for.
The use of Frankincense Incense for its healing properties was well-known by our forefathers. It was widely used by many ancient healers for the treatment of various illnesses and diseases. Ancient Egyptians used Frankincense incense for its anti-microbial properties during the mummification process. The anti-microbial properties of Frankincense Incense are so good, that they have done a decent job of preserving mummies even after so many years.
The word frankincense is derived from the French word ‘franc encens’ which means ‘high-quality incense’. Frankincense is a Resin obtained from trees of Boswellia trees. There are many species of Boswellia trees and the resins produced by each of them differ from quality to quality.
Studies point out that the population of Frankincense is declining rapidly due to its over-exploitation for the extraction of Resin. The seeds from the trees that had been tapped for resins germinate at only 16% as compared to an untapped tree which germinates at 80%.
Frankincense Incense Benefits
One of the best ways to harness the healing properties of Frankincense is through burning Incense. Light up a frankincense incense, and let its earthy and woody aroma permeate your mind and body. It has the power to heal and rejuvenate your senses and organs.
1. Enriches Your Spirituality, Meditation, and Mindfulness Practice
Frankincense was widely used for religious ceremonies in many ancient civilizations like Egypt and Greece. They were regularly burnt in Churches and temples to create a meditative environment.
Light up a Frankincense incense during meditation and its aroma will gradually transcend you into deep stages. It relaxes your Central Nervous System so that it becomes easier for you to connect with the supreme power, and fills you with Inner Peace. You can draw in the energy from the universal powerhouse and use it to fulfil your higher purpose.
Apart from Frankincense incense, one more gift nature has given us to fortify our mindfulness muscle is Sandalwood. To know more about it read our blog 8 Sandalwood Incense Benefits.
Try this organic Sandalwood incense which is made from pure herbs and woods to advance your journey toward spirituality.
2. Detoxifies Emotional System
Our physical wounds are the manifestation of the wounds in our minds. To ensure that your mental and physical health is at its epitome, it is important to release all the emotional blocks. This subconsciously shoots up productivity levels and helps you stay focused on your life goals.
3. Helps Overcoming Emotional Blocks
Make it a habit to daily or regularly spend time with yourself, even 10 minutes are good to start with. It will work wonders in the long run. Ignite frankincense incense to accelerate your process of an emotional detox. Its healing aroma will subconsciously help you release all your negative emotions, memories, and experiences, which have no business in your system but were subconsciously sucking your energy.
The therapeutic properties of frankincense will clean up all wounds and restore your emotional health to its optimal stage. So that your emotions will not act as a hindrance to your progress but rather pave the way for your success.
You may also like: 7 Benefits of Nag Champa That You Didn’t Know
3 Chief Frankincense Incense Properties
1. Anti-inflammatory Properties
Most of the minor pains and aches in our body are caused by inflammation of tissues. So if there is some minor ache or pain that is bothering you just light up a Frankincense Incense for relief. If you are facing some chronic problems you can consult your doctor and use it alongside your medications.
2. Anti-microbial Properties
Frankincense can effectively destroy microbes like Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi, etc which are the common causes of infection in our body. If you feel that your energy levels are constantly low or if the negative around you is depleting your energy.
Burn Frankincense Incense, to get rid of all the microorganisms and purify the air around you. Breathing in the clean air alone will restore your energy levels.
Eucalyptus Incense also has strong anti-microbial properties. To dig about it deeper read our blog 5 Eucalyptus Incense Benefits That Might Surprise You.
3. Antioxidant Properties
Frankincense helps to boost our immunity by preventing the damage caused by free radicals. Free Radicals are produced in the body due to improper nutrition, pollution, or stress. These free radicals damage our cells gradually, thus weakening us physically as well as mentally.
Health Benefits Of Frankincense: What is Frankincense Good For?
1. Memory and Learning
Research has shown that Frankincense has a significant impact on our Central Nervous System, and boosts our memory and learning capacity. When you are trying to upskill yourself or trying to learn a completely new set of skills, try to include Frankincense incense in your daily routine. It will assist you in grasping new concepts easily and storing them in your mind will be easier.
2. Rejuvenates the Central Nervous System
Frankincense increases the flow of oxygen to our Central Nervous System, which helps in combating depression and elevates our Happiness Quotient. It further calms and relaxes our minds and helps to alleviate anxiety and stress.
Another Incense that can help to relax your mind and relieve stress is Lavender. To know more about it read our blog 7 Proven Lavender Incense Benefits.
3. Bolsters Oral Health
Research had shown that the anti-inflammatory properties of frankincense help to prevent Gingivitis, and toothache, tackle bad breath, and make your gums healthy and strong. Its anti-microbial properties fight off all the infections caused by the microorganisms that are enemies of your oral health.
4. Friend of Your Lungs
The Anti Microbial properties of Frankincense help to clear Nasal passages and unclogs chest congestion. Research points out that it provides an effective remedy for Asthama by preventing the production of leukotrienes. Which causes the throat muscles to constrict making it difficult to breathe.
Frankincense can act as a supplement to treat diseases related to the lungs but by no means they should replace medications.
5. Gives you Clear and Youthful Skin
The anti-oxidant properties of Frankincense help to slow down the Ageing process. Mix Frankincense oil with your moisturizer or use Frankincense based products to maintain youthful skin. Its anti-microbial properties can be beneficial for treating Acne to give you clear skin and make it supple.
The Goodness of Pure and Organic Incense Sticks
The incense sticks that are made up of 100% natural raw materials provide holistic healing to our Mind, Body, and Soul. We at Brahmas make Incense that is made up of recycled flowers, ancient Ayurvedic herbs, pure essential oils, and natural resins and woods.
Also read: Is Incense Bad for You
Frankincense: Some Myths You Should Stay Clear Of
- Frankincense Cures Cancer: There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that frankincense can cure cancer. While some studies have suggested that certain compounds in frankincense may have anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor properties, these findings are far from conclusive. Cancer treatment requires rigorous medical approaches, and relying solely on frankincense or any other alternative treatment is not recommended.
- Frankincense Can Replace Medical Treatments: Frankincense has been used in traditional medicine for various purposes, but it is not a substitute for modern medical treatments. If you have a medical condition or are seeking treatment, it’s crucial to consult with qualified medical professionals and follow evidence-based medical advice.
- Frankincense Alone Can Extend Life: Historical records suggest that frankincense was sometimes associated with longevity in ancient cultures. However, no scientific evidence supports the idea that frankincense alone can extend the human lifespan.
- Frankincense Boosts Immune System: While frankincense does contain compounds that may have anti-inflammatory properties, there is limited scientific evidence to suggest that it can significantly boost the immune system. A healthy immune system depends on a balanced lifestyle, including proper nutrition, exercise, and medical care when necessary.
NO, frankincense does not do any of those things. There is no scientific proof that frankincense is a solution to all the problems mentioned above.
Our incenses are compliant with the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) and are completely safe to use around pets and kids:
- Eucalyptus Incense– for clarity of your mind and to uplift your mood.
- Lavender Incense– Calms and soothes your nerves and aids in a better quality of sleep.
- Nag Champa Incense– to enhance your meditation, spirituality, and yoga practice. It relaxes your nerves so that it becomes easy for you to connect with the supreme power.
- Patchouli Incense– Helps you to raise your vibes so that the negativity around you does not affect you.
- Rose Incense– gives your romantic life a boost. It is also an excellent Aphrodisiac.
- Sandalwood Incense– Sanctify the surroundings and takes you to higher realms of meditation.