Can an Incense Stick Really Protect us from Negative Energy?
Many ancient civilizations like the Egyptians and Greeks used it to protect themselves from evil forces.
But is there any logic behind it?
YES, there is!
The Logic Behind how Incense Sticks can Protect us from Negative Energies
The truth is that not all incense sticks shield us from vile energies. Only the incense sticks that are made from 100% natural and organic herbs and essential oils can successfully cut the negativity surrounding us.
Let me tell you how it works!
When we burn these pure incense sticks, some aspects of these herbs and oils are released into the air. When we inhale them, it triggers certain parts of our brain. Which in turn:
- lower our stress levels
- balances our mood
- Bring tranquillity to our overactive thought process
- Induce calm and peace
- Rejuvenate our senses, and
- Fill us with positivity
As a result, our personal energy field becomes stronger, and our battery becomes fully charged and positive.
When our battery is fully charged, it becomes easy to fend off the negative energies that distress us.
So technically, it is we who fight with those devils around us. We do this with the help of a positive mindset, induced by these incense sticks.
>> Follow this link and equip yourself with these 100% natural incense sticks, to skyrocket your vibrations and slay the demons around you or maybe inside you. <<
5 Best Incense For Cleansing and Protection
Fill up your arsenal with the incense sticks listed below and be ready to slaughter the enemies of your happiness.
1. Nag champa Incense For Inner Serenity
Buddhist monks in India and Nepal would use it to create an atmosphere of spirituality and meditation on the premises.
Even though traditionally it was used for religious practices it became popular amongst the hippies in the 1960s for its ability to elevate one’s mood by releasing the hormone serotonin (also called a ‘feel-good’ hormone) and proteins such as TRPV3.
These two elements perform two functions in our minds:
- Reduces anxiety, stress, and depression in our system.
- Make us more focused, centered, and calm.
Nag Champa has many more spiritual benefits. Click here to learn more about them.
Nag Champa also energizes our lower three chakras.
- Root Chakra – It encounters the feeling of insecurity in us and fosters stability.
- Sacral Chakra – It enhances our creativity and balances our sexuality.
- The Solar Plexus – helps us to overcome lethargy and encourages us to take productive actions.
2. Sandalwood Incense For Restorative Balance
When feeling uneasy or claustrophobic, burn sandalwood incense. Its anti-bacterial properties cleanse and purify the air by killing the unwanted organisms around us.
When we breathe in this pure air our spirits automatically lift up and our energy is spontaneously revitalized.
In Ayurveda, sandalwood balances the three doshas Vata, Kaph, and Pitta.
When all three doshas are balanced we are in perfect harmony with ourselves as well as the universe.
There are many more benefits of Sandalwood. Click here to learn about them in detail.
As a result, all our energies seamlessly align with our true life purpose and we are motivated from the inside to take the right steps and create the best version of ourselves.
3. Myrrh and Frankincense For Purity and Power
Ancient Egyptians would use Myrrh and Frankincense during mummification to slow down the decay and preserve it for a longer period of time and our modern researchers couldn’t agree more.
A study conducted by PubMed proves that the fumes of Myrrh and Frankincense successfully kill the bacteria in the air.
Must Read: 7 Best Incense for Cleansing
Another study by PubMed suggests that Myrrh increases the white blood cells count in our body, which helps to build strong immunity and fight off diseases and infections.
Another study suggests that Myrrh effectively relieves minor pains and aches in our bodies.
We all agree on the fact that when we are physically strong and healthy only then can we direct our energies toward fortifying our mental strength. This helps us to effectively fight off the negative energies that cause us unnecessary suffering.
4. White Sage For Creative Spark
Was used by Native Americans to purify the air. It is believed to release negative ions which neutralize the positive ions in the air. Some of the positive ions in the air are pollution and dust. That is how technically it purifies the air.
Some varieties of white sage consist of a compound called ‘Thujone’ which stimulates brain activity and sharpens our intuitive ability.
Next time when you are brainstorming for new ideas, burn white sage around and you will find yourself overflowing with creativity.
5. Copal For Supreme Connection
The tree from which the copal resin is procured was used by the natives of Mexico to treat diseases and keep pests at bay. Copal is widely burned by the tribes of Central and South America for spiritual purposes.
It is believed to balance the crown chakra. Using it during your meditation practice will help you connect with the supreme power and you can easily tap into the source of universal creativity.
It will help you directly draw energy from the supreme power, which in turn will drive you to achieve some of your biggest goals.
The Power in Us
Refers to the strength and ability that each of us possesses within ourselves. This strength enables us to keep ourselves and our environment clean and safe.
We can tap into this power, by using the natural resources provided by the Earth, such as healing herbs and resins. Using incense made up of these resins and herbs is one of the best ways to do that.
When we effectively utilize the power inside us, we can draw energy from the universe and improve our emotional and mental well-being. This energy empowers us and makes us resilient against negative influences.
Benefits of Using Incense Sticks for Cleansing & Protection
- Improves air quality by reducing airborne bacteria and improving indoor air quality.
- Specific fragrances in incense sticks like Sandalwood, promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Stimulates the limbic system thus promoting a sense of well-being.
- Enhances mood and reduces anxiety by releasing neurotransmitters.
- Increases Focus and concentration and improves cognitive function.
- Antioxidant properties found in these incense help to build immunity and beat negative thoughts contributing to overall well-being.
- Psychological association as burning incense sticks can create an association with relaxation and protection, promoting a sense of security and well-being.
- Cultural significance is attached to incense burning, symbolizing purification and spiritual connection, fostering cultural continuity and identity.
How to Use Incense Sticks for Cleansing?
- Choose Wisely: Pick an incense known for its cleansing abilities, like Frankincense, Myrhh, or white sage, they are known to clear the air effectively.
- Tidy Up: Before starting, ensure your space is clean to maximize the cleansing impact.
- Stay Focused: Set your mind on your desired outcome, as your intention can influence the effectiveness of the ritual.
- Light It Up: Use a match to light the incense.
- Go Around: Move the smoking incense throughout the space to spread its purifying effects evenly.
- Target Spots: Pay extra attention to areas that feel stagnant, allowing the smoke to clear out any negative energy.
- Cleanse Objects: Pass the smoke over any objects you want to cleanse, knowing it can remove residual energies.
- Cleanse yourself: If you feel stuck off late then starting from your head, move the smoking incense stick in a circular motion around your body, and visualize any negative energy dissipating into the smoke.
- Safety First: Put out the incense safely to prevent accidents and ensure a secure finish.
- Give Thanks: Take a moment to appreciate the improved atmosphere and the positive energy around you.
- Repeat Routinely: Make this a regular practice to maintain a fresh and harmonious environment.
How to Use Incense Sticks for Protection?
- Intention Setting: Begin by setting a clear intention for the protection ritual, focusing on creating an imaginary shield of positive energy to ward off any negativity.
- Selection of Incense: Choose an incense stick with protective properties, such as frankincense or myrrh, known for their ability to create a spiritually fortified atmosphere.
- Secure Space: Find a quiet and secure space where you can conduct the protection ritual without interruptions.
- Light the Incense: Light the tip of the incense stick and allow it to catch fire for a few seconds before gently blowing it out, letting the glowing ember release fragrant smoke.
- Surrounding Sweep: Move the smoking incense stick around the perimeter of the space, visualizing a protective barrier forming around the area.
- Focus on Entrances: Concentrate on doorways and windows, ensuring the fragrant smoke envelops these entry points, symbolizing the fortification of the space.
- Affirmative Energy: While conducting the ritual, recite affirmations or prayers that reinforce the intention of protection and invoke a sense of safety and security.
- Encircle Personal Space: Move the incense stick around your personal space, creating an imaginary shield of protective energy around your body.
- Closing Blessing: Conclude the ritual by expressing gratitude for the protective shield created and the sense of security it brings.
- Regular Practice: Make this ritual a regular practice, especially during times of vulnerability or when feeling energetically depleted, to maintain a strengthened and safeguarded environment.
What Incense is Good for Spiritual Protection?
Nag Champa is a commonly used incense for spiritual protection. Its fragrant smoke has been found to possess properties that can enhance focus, reduce stress, and promote a sense of emotional well-being. This can contribute to a heightened state of mindfulness and inner strength, fostering a feeling of spiritual protection and stability.
Does it matter What Incense you use for Cleansing?
Different types of incense contain compounds that, when burned, can release specific particles and fragrances. These particles can attach to airborne particles, neutralizing them and potentially reducing bacteria and other pathogens in the air. Therefore, selecting incense known for its antimicrobial or purifying properties, such as white sage or Nag Champa, can enhance the cleansing process and contribute to a healthier and more purified environment.
What Incense is Best for Positive Energy?
frankincense and sandalwood are known to be the best incense for promoting positive energy. They contain compounds that, when inhaled, can stimulate the brain’s limbic system, leading to the release of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which are associated with feelings of happiness and well-being. Additionally, the pleasant aromas of these incense types can create a calming effect, reducing stress and promoting a more positive and uplifting environment.
Which Incense is Best for Praying?
For praying, frankincense and Myrrh are considered the best incense choices due to their potential to create a calming environment that promotes focused and mindful meditation. The aroma of these incensees can help induce a sense of relaxation and spiritual awareness, enhancing the overall prayer experience.
What to Say when Cleansing with Incense?
Before cleansing with incense, write a clear intention behind the cleansing. While burning you can speak your intention aloud. Additionally, while you are spreading the smoke, you can speak positive affirmations, like:
- I release all negative energy and invite positivity into my space.
- My surroundings are filled with light and positive vibrations.
- I am safe and protected from any harmful influences.
This can be accompanied by mindful breathing exercises, promoting relaxation and stress reduction, thereby enhancing the overall cleansing experience.
Why Choose Brahmas Incense?
You can contribute towards saving water pollution by purchasing incense sticks from Brahmas.
These incense sticks are made up of flowers that are discarded in the water by temples. The chemicals used in pesticides and fertilizers cause water pollution and kills the fishes.
We craft the incense sticks by collecting these flowers and cleaning them to get rid of the chemicals.
The petals are sun-dried and pulverized into powder. This powder is then bound into a dough with unadulterated essential oil and hand-rolled with love to form incense sticks.
All these processes are carried out by local artisans. Thus providing a means of livelihood to these poor sections of society.
By purchasing these incense sticks you can contribute to their financial well-being.
Check out our discounted selection of 6 different incense sticks which will help you cleanse and protect your aura and bring in positive energy.